Brack-14 is a structural support kit for floating shower seats, suspended shelving/furniture, and more. The Brack-14 modular design can be configured to accommodate structures with longer spans. Combine kits as necessary [recommend 1 kit per 16" span - will vary by project].
Kit contains two brackets and two sets of screws. Additional 2 3/4" screws required if combining kits are not included.
100% Manufactured in Canada
*Consult an engineer prior to installation
- Time saving installation for floating bench/shelf
- Highest rated capacity vs. competitors (up to 350lbs per Brack-14)
- Modular application
- Material - galvanized sheet metal with a long lasting powder coating (8 gauge)
- Recommended span between brackets is 16" on centre. Depending on weight of finishing material and application, span can vary.
- Each bracket is rated to hold 350 lbs.
- Studs must be a minimum of 2"x4"
At what point are these brackets installed in the build process?
Brackets must be mounted at the rough-in stage. You must have access to the studs inside the framed wall to properly mount.
What is this used for?
The Brack-14 is a structural support for any application where there is an engineered suspended structure. (ie. floating shower seat, shelves, vanity, etc.)
Can I use foam board in between the brackets?
No - foam board is not structurally sound. You must use a structurally sound material (ie. 3/4" plywood, aluminum honeycomb, solid wood, etc.)
For shower application, can I tile directly on top of the engineered seat?
No - you absolutely must waterproof prior to tiling.
Can I fasten the brackets on a 2x2 stud?
No - a minimum 2x4 stud in required. 2x6, 2x8, studs are also compatible.
Can I fasten the brackets to metal stud?
No - wood studs only.